How do I get bail conditions changed?

In the vast majority of circumstances, it is up to the defendant to file a Motion to Amend Bail in court to have the bail amount or conditions changed.  You must file a Motion to Amend Bail in whichever court has your case either the District Court or Superior Court.  The court may direct you to the District Attorney's Office to get our position on the motion before they allow you to file it.

A hearing date will be set no sooner than 7 days of the date the motion was filed. Notification will be sent to the District Attorney’s office and the District Attorney or an Assistant District Attorney must be present at the Bail Hearing.

Show All Answers

1. Who can I talk to about my case?
2. Why can't the District Attorney's Office give me legal advice?
3. What are arraignments?
4. Why can't I talk with an Assistant District Attorney about my case before arraignment?
5. Why can't I have the police report before being arraigned?
6. Do you have a public defender's office?
7. I was just charged with an OUI (Operating Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs) charge. What will happen to me?
8. How do I get bail conditions changed?
9. Why can't I get information on a case with my son or daughter (over 18) /wife / husband / boyfriend / girlfriend?
10. Do I have to show up in court because I got a subpoena?
11. How can I drop charges?
12. How do I contact District Court or Superior Court?