Who can I talk to about my case?

When you call the main number for the District Attorney's Office at 207-871-8384, your call will be screened by a receptionist to determine the correct staff person to assist you. Please provide enough detail in order that you may be directed to the proper division and the specific staff person who handles your type of question.  If you are represented by an attorney, a prosecutor is ethically barred from speaking to you and you must remember that you have a right to remain silent.  You must understand that if you say something about your case or the charges to a prosecutor it can be used against you.

Show All Answers

1. Who can I talk to about my case?
2. Why can't the District Attorney's Office give me legal advice?
3. What are arraignments?
4. Why can't I talk with an Assistant District Attorney about my case before arraignment?
5. Why can't I have the police report before being arraigned?
6. Do you have a public defender's office?
7. I was just charged with an OUI (Operating Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs) charge. What will happen to me?
8. How do I get bail conditions changed?
9. Why can't I get information on a case with my son or daughter (over 18) /wife / husband / boyfriend / girlfriend?
10. Do I have to show up in court because I got a subpoena?
11. How can I drop charges?
12. How do I contact District Court or Superior Court?