CUMBERLAND COUNTYREQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP)
ISSUE DATE: JUNE 2015
ISSUED BY: CUMBERLAND COUNTY 142 FEDERAL ST PORTLAND, ME 04101
RETURN BIDS TO: CUMBERLAND COUNTY BRENDAN BENSON, PURCHASING AGENT 142 FEDERAL ST PORTLAND, ME 04101 699-1989 FAX 761-1503 BENSON@CUMBERLANDCOUNTY.ORG
INQUIRIES: CUMBERLAND COUNTY AARON GILPATRIC 36 COUNTY WAY PORTLAND, ME 04102 774-1444 EXT 2113 FAX 761-1503 GILPATRIC@CUMBERLANDCOUNTY.ORG PROPOSALS DUE: JULY 31, 2015 BY 4:00 PM
1. INTRODUCTIONThe Cumberland County Commissioners are inviting you to provide a written proposal to provide a comprehensive response for the product/services presented below. This Request For Proposal (RFP) states the overall scope of products and services desired, specific functionality as well as desired vendor qualifications.
2. RESPONSE INSTRUCTIONSThe submitted proposal must follow the rules and format established within this RFP. Adherence to these rules will ensure a fair and objective analysis of all proposals. Failure to complete any portion of this request may result in rejection of a proposal.
3. CONTACT WITH COUNTY EMPLOYEESTo ensure a fair and objective evaluation of all proposals, vendors are required to submit all inquires to the project contact noted on the cover of this RFP.
4. ASSESS RFP DOCUMENTSBefore submitting a proposal, vendors shall examine the specifications in order to understand all existing conditions and limitations. The vendor shall indicate in the proposal the total sum to cover the cost of all items included in the RFP.
5. COSTS OF RFP PREPARATION AND SUBMISSIONEach vendor shall be responsible for all costs incurred in order to prepare and submit their response to this RFP.
6. PROPOSAL REVIEWAll documents submitted as part of the vendor’s proposal will be deemed available to all parties subsequent to the bid opening date and time designated on the front cover of the RFP. All applicable information will be subject to public disclosure in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act.
7. PROPOSAL FORMAll bids must be in a sealed envelope marked “ Communications“. THREE COPIES OF THE BID PROPOSAL ARE REQUIRED. Bids will be awarded at the next regularly scheduled Commissioner’s meeting after evaluation has been completed.
Delivery of Proposals: RFPs must be delivered by the date/time specified and to the place stipulated on the cover of this RFP. It is the sole responsibility of the vendor to see that their RFP is received in the proper time. Any proposal received after the proposal opening date and time shall be eliminated from consideration and returned to the vendor unopened.
8. RIGHT OF REFUSALThe County reserves the right to reject all RFPs in their entirety or to select certain applications from the RFPs
9. EVALUATIONSEvaluation of the proposals is expected to be completed within 90 days after receipt. An evaluation team will evaluate proposals on a variety of quantitative and qualitative criteria. Any award made as a result of this bid will be determined through best value analysis.
The proposal selected shall provide the most cost-effective approach that meets the stated requirements. The lowest price proposal will not necessarily be selected.
The County reserves the right to a) reject any or all proposals, or to make no award, b) require modifications to initial proposals or c) to make partial or multiple awards. The County further reserves the right to excuse technical defects in a proposal when, in its sole discretion, such excuse is beneficial to the County.
The County may award based on initial proposals received, without discussion of such proposals. Selected vendors may be invited to make oral presentations to the evaluation team.
10. APPROVED EQUALFrom time to time Cumberland County will specify a particular manufacturer or brand name for products or services requested. Cumberland County will, however, accept and entertain products that will be considered an approved equal, providing that the product will meet all requirements as outlined in the RFP. 1. 2. 3. 4.
Cumberland County seeks bids to connect the following locations with fiber optic cabling for network communication. 142 Federal St, Portland 0410125 Pearl St, Portland 0410136 County Way, Portland 0410222 High St, Windham 04062
Fiber optic Internet access connection to be installed at 36 County Way for all sites to utilize.
The following requirements must be met:Network must be comprised of end to end fiber optic infrastructureConfiguration must be a multipoint ‘Virtual Lan’ with only one termination at each locationMust be able to pass Layer2 & Layer3 TCP/IP traffic conforming to IEEE 802.3 standardsHandoff to customer equipment via RJ-45 jackMulti-point network must be provided at minimum 300Mb/sec speed.Service location at 36 County Way must be provided at minimum 300Mb/sec speed.Other service locations must be provided at minimum 100Mb/sec speed Proposed solution must be scalable up to Gigabit speedAt 36 County Way location, second RJ-45 jack must be provided for Internet Access.Internet access must be rated at minimum 30Mb/sec symmetrical32 Public IP address must be provided for customer use
The following Service Requirements must be met:Detailed Service Level Agreement must be providedAvailability uptime must equal or exceed 99%Dedicated 24x7 customer support No ‘usage charges’ for bandwidth per month.Provider must supply all necessary equipment and connections to provide appropriate handoffsProvider must supply web based monitoring tools for customer use to monitor traffic availability, bandwidth utilization, network latency, and packet loss. If web based tools are unavailable, monthly reports must be provided detailing network information for each site. Upon installation, provider must be able to demonstrate proposed solution meets speed requirements.Service may not be disconnected, suspended, terminated, or adjusted without 7 day prior written notice to the specified customer representative.
Vendor Pricing Data
The following information is required by the vendor:
REQUIREMENTS Item Description: Cost Data: $ Company Name: Address Contact Person: Telephone/E Mail Delivery Time After Receipt of Order: Shipping Charges if applicable: Payment Terms:
Note: Any additional information that the vendor may deem appropriate in response to this RFP; (insert or attach documents)