The Facilities Department of Cumberland County is dedicated to providing a usable, quality environment to the public and occupants of all county buildings by maintaining the structures, systems, and grounds to the highest possible standards.
The Facilities Department is responsible for the physical operations of county buildings including the following locations:
- County Courthouse Complex - Portland, Maine
- County Garage
- County Jail Complex - Portland, Maine
- Community Corrections Center
- County Jail
- Law Enforcement Center
- Windham Complex - Windham, Maine
- Cumberland County Emergency Management Agency
- Cumberland County Regional Communications Center
The county buildings consist of almost 500,000 square feet with a variety of maintenance needs for literally hundreds of bathroom fixtures and thousands of doors and windows.
This includes a multitude of specialized needs such as:
- Jail equipment
- Judge and prisoner needs
- Security cameras
- Traditional office space.
- Unique door controls
All design space renovations, new construction, and demolition are included in the scope of the normal work week.
Hours of Operation
The Facilities Department is open to the public Monday through Friday ,from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. with staff available in the courthouse building until 12 a.m. and in the jail complex until 3 p.m.